Whether you are involved in a dispute concerning insurance coverage, assessing your options in making an insurance or reinsurance placement or involved in a dispute concerning insurance industry business practices, the attorneys at TSH&D can help. And with years of experience litigating insurance-based disputes in the trial courts, appellate courts, before arbitration panels and in regulatory proceedings at state divisions and departments of insurance, TSH&D is also experienced in all of the different forums where insurance disputes are adjudicated.
In order to assist clients in addressing complex insurance problems, an attorney must have a solid base of industry-specific knowledge and considerable industry experience. At TSH&D, we possess both. With more than twenty years of experience grappling with insurance-related legal issues, TSH&D is well-equipped to advise clients with respect to any issue they face concerning insurance, including interpreting the terms of an insurance contract, analyzing business practices related to insurance or navigating the regulatory environment governing the insurance industry. Having worked directly within the insurance industry and attained prestigious insurance industry designations, TSH&D is uniquely qualified to help clients analyze, assess and address a wide-array of insurance-based legal issues.
TSH&D is well-experienced in all facets of property and casualty insurance coverage, including general liability, property, D&O, EPLI, auto, homeowners, fidelity, and cyber liability. We have also advised both reinsureds and reinsurers alike in matters involving the interpretation of reinsurance contracts, and have assisted companies in assessing their reinsurance programs. TSH&D also counsels clients on life insurance and disability policies.
A sample of the types of insurance-related matters handled by TSH&D attorneys include:
- Construction defect claims;
- Environmental claims;
- Asbestos claims;
- Litigating reinsurance arbitrations and law suits;
- Defending insurers against bad faith claims;
- Representing agents/brokers in matters before departments of insurance;
- Handling insurer rate filing proceedings; and
- Advising companies concerning insurance regulatory matters.
News & Articles
- Brooks Glahn Joins Torres, Scammon, Hincks & Day as Of Counsel
- TSH&D Proudly Supports the Boston Chapter of the CPCU Society
- Benjamin Hincks Joins Torres, Scammon, Hincks & Day as Partner
- Considerations to Help Contain the Cost of Today’s Litigation
- Torres, Scammon & Day Celebrates 4th Anniversary
- Steven Torres Named President of the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters Society Boston Chapter
- TS&D Sponsors the CPCU Society Boston and Central Mass Chapters Annual Outing
- Steven Torres Named Vice President of the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters Society Boston Chapter