TSH&D understands that employment disputes drain critical resources and attention from your business. These disputes also bring uncertainty that can potentially cripple your ability to succeed. Whether you are defending or enforcing a non-compete agreement, negotiating a separation agreement with an employee or responding to Department of Labor, OSHA or other government agency inquiries, you will be in a better position with the expertise and skills of TSH&D in your corner.
Our clients rely upon TSH&D for our detailed knowledge of the regulatory and political landscapes of their industries as well as for our clear understanding of their own unique business goals. We understand that cases are not won in the courtroom alone, and that many costly disputes can be avoided with some strategic planning executed years before a dispute arises. TSH&D works with you and your business to help you draft and implement essential employment documents and policies such as offer letters, engagement agreements, separation agreements and restrictive covenants, including non-competition, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements.
When a case does reach litigation, our clients confidently look to us to resolve those employment-related disputes quickly and cost effectively. TSH&D knows that an early win for our clients often means savings of thousands of dollars and hundreds hours of executive management’s time.
Our attorneys have developed an impressive track record of successes in various employment-related cases, including:
- Answering employment-related inquiries and investigations by state and federal government agencies;
- Initiating and defending discrimination, wage hour, retaliation, payment of unemployment benefits and other claims in state and federal courts, before the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination and before other state and federal agencies;
- Enforcing or defending non-competition and non-solicitation agreements; and
- Pursuing litigation to protect trade secrets.
As technology progresses and businesses achieve breakthroughs in their respective markets, courts have become inundated with cases centering on the enforceability of restrictive employment agreements. The attorneys at TSH&D are at the forefront of this litigation, prosecuting and defending these and related disputes for our clients in many venues. With our clients’ trade secrets and intellectual property often at the heart of the case, this type of litigation is fast-paced and can be decided within days or weeks of when the dispute begins.
We have been through the trenches with our clients, and are particularly well-equipped to handle the intensity of these cases. Whether the situation requires us to engage in full-blown computer forensic investigations to uncover violations of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act or to turn around detailed pleadings overnight and appear at emergency hearings in the morning, TSH&D has the experience and resources necessary to achieve success.
News & Articles
- Brooks Glahn Joins Torres, Scammon, Hincks & Day as Of Counsel
- Benjamin Hincks Joins Torres, Scammon, Hincks & Day as Partner
- Considerations to Help Contain the Cost of Today’s Litigation
- Torres, Scammon & Day Celebrates 4th Anniversary
- Torres, Scammon & Day Welcomes Two New Attorneys
- Disclosure Agreement Bars Competing Product
- Michael Day Named Co-Chair of the BBA’s Civil Rights & Civil Liberties Committee